To the Editor:
Nancy Pelosi is calling her 800-page Bill H.R. 1 “For the People Act.” It should be called “Make Election Fraud Permanent Act.” It is a shameless power grab. It repeals all state election laws.
Some examples (information source is the Faith and Freedom Coalition, www.ffcoalition.com):
- It makes pandemic related emergency changes to election procedures permanent.
- Bans states from requiring proof of identity to vote.
- Mandates no-excuse absentee voting and abolishes voter ID requirement.
- Awards $25 million in grants to train minor political activists.
- Requires acceptance of underage voter registration.
- Unconstitutionally puts Congress instead of states in charge of drawing Congressional districts.
- Bans states from ever cleaning their voter rolls.
- Allows felons and illegal aliens to vote.
- Prohibits requirement for ballot notarization, witness signature, or other voter verification.
- Over-rides state laws against “ballot harvesting”.
- Automatically registers everyone to vote.
- “Explore” statehood for Washington, D.C. and Puerto Rico, awarding Democrats four additional Senators.
- Create a scheme to use tax dollars to match political donations of up to $200 by a six-to-one ratio.
- Make it a crime for anyone to challenge authenticity of any votes.
- Honest, fair-minded citizens, regardless of political affiliation, need to work together to protect free and fair election and our fundamental right to a vote that counts. Oppose this evil federal scheme.
— Joyce Hayes