College students from the Ripon area received their college degrees and/or were honored for academic excellence.
Check out who made the list. Congratulations to those on it.
Area students make UW-Oshkosh Dean's List, Honor Roll
University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh officials announced students who qualified for the Dean's List and Honor Roll in fall 2020 across all three campuses (Oshkosh, Fond du Lac and Fox Cities).
To qualify, a student must have been enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits (excluding pass/fail courses). The term GPA requirement for University Honor Roll is 3.3; the term GPA requirement for Dean's List is 3.75 out of a possible 4.0.
Students from this area who made the list are:
- Ripon: Cody Beahm, freshman, honor roll; Ashlyn Bowman, freshman, dean's list; Christina Day, senior, dean's list; Heidi Docter, senior, dean's list; Taylor Hielke, junior, dean's list; Alyse Hodge, sophomore, dean's list; Max Johnson, senior, honor roll; Johnathon Keller, junior, dean's list; April Kutschenreuter, sophomore, dean's list; Keegan Leonard, freshman, honor roll; Zachary Olson, junior, honor roll; Emma Saecker, sophomore, dean's list; Joanna Salmela, senior, dean's list; Amber Sandstrom, senior, dean's list; Kaitlyn Scoville, senior, dean's list; Joe Sharp, senior, honor roll; Kayla Stemler, junior, dean's list; Freddy Urbina, junior, honor roll; Jessica Wesenberg, freshman, dean's list; Jordan Whitrock, freshman, dean's list;
- Brandon: Hailey Bartz, sophomore, dean's list; Ashley Blank, junior, honor roll; Maci Grade, sophomore, dean's list; Amanda Hollander, senior, honor roll; Kassianna Madison, junior, dean's list; Brayden Nolan, sophomore, honor roll; Nicole Schmidt, junior, dean's list;
- Eldorado: Shalamar Capelle, senior, dean's list; Justine Freund, senior, dean's list; Isabella Robbins, sophomore, honor roll; Johanna Schultz, freshman, honor roll; Cassidy Vande Berg, senior, dean's list; Taylor VandeBerg, sophomore, dean's list; Megan White, sophomore, honor roll;
- Green Lake: Shannon Kannenberg, senior, dean's list; Allyssa Schouten, senior, honor roll;
- Markesan: Karigan Hunter, freshman, honor roll; Trevor Jensen, junior, honor roll; Hunter Newton, senior, dean's list; McKenna Newton, junior, honor roll; Mackenzie Sherwood, freshman, dean's list;
- Pickett: Jacob Beattie, senior, dean's list; Autumn Davis, sophomore, honor roll; Teana Larson, sophomore, dean's list; Alyssa Pionke, senior, dean's list;
- Rosendale: Cody Buechel, junior, dean's list; Anna Kloostra, freshman, honor roll; Elizabeth Lemiesz, freshman, honor roll; Alyson Rausch, senior, honor roll; Haley Smith, senior, honor roll; Harper Wurtz, freshman, honor roll.
Ripon’s Magin, Markesan’s Plagenz graduates from UW-Madison
Ripon’s Nicole Magin and Markesan’s Megan Plagenz were among nearly 3,000 students who received degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Madison during a virtual commencement ceremony Dec. 13, 2020.
The ceremony, forced online because of the Coronavirus pandemic, was for doctoral, bachelor's, master's and law graduates.
Magin graduated with distinction from the College of Letters and Science with a bachelor of arts degree in legal studies and political science. Plagenz, meanwhile, graduated with a bachelor of science-pharmaceutical sciences degree from the School of Pharmacy.
Area students named to UW-Stout Dean's List for fall 2020
The following students from the area have been named to the University of Wisconsin-Stout Dean's List for the fall 2020 semester.
The award, formerly known as the Chancellor's Award, is presented to students who have a grade point average of 3.5 or above. UW-Stout, Wisconsin's Polytechnic University, has 46 undergraduate majors and 24 graduate programs, including one doctoral degree.
Local students making the dean’s list are:
- Ripon: Ross Barnett, sophomore, bachelor of science degree in computer net & info tech; Sophia Norton, sophomore, bachelor of science degrees in business administration and supply chain management;
- Brandon: Mc Kenna Van Buren, sophomore, bachelor of science degree in psychology;
- Markesan: Matt Denk, sophomore, bachelor of science degrees in business administration and supply chain management.
UW-Platteville announces Chancellor's List
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville announced its Chancellor's List, honoring those with perfect 4.0 grade-point averages for the fall 2020 semester.
Students from this area who earned the 4.0 grade-point average include:
- Brandon: Anna Bartz, software engineering;
- Markesan: Landon Leedle, civil engineering; Kade Muehlenhaupt, mechanical engineering;
- Rosendale: Caitlyn Tipton, criminal justice.
UW-La Crosse announces fall 2020 Dean's List
The following area students have been named to the dean's list at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse for the fall semester of the 2020-21 academic year, ending December 2020.
Qualification for the dean's list is limited to students who have attained outstanding academic achievement. To be eligible, students must have earned not less than a 3.5 semester grade-point average and carried a minimum of 12 credits.
Area students making the dean's list include:
- Ripon: Marissa Davis, biology major; Carter Hahn, exercise and sport science major: exercise science - pre-professional track; Eden Juel, communication studies major: public communication and advocacy emphasis; Jackson Morrin, exercise and sport science major: sport management; Marshall Morrin, exercise and sport science major: physical education; Thomas Mullowney, exercise and sport science major: sport management; Emily Vlachina, psychology major; Brady Wagner, exercise and sport science major: exercise science - pre-professional track; Isabelle Willett, English education major;
- Green Lake: Kayleigh Colhouer, political science major; Julie Fleegal, biology major; Sarah Fleegal, microbiology major: biomedical concentration;
- Markesan: Craig Plagenz, psychology major;
- Pickett: Jen Beattie, exercise and sport science major: exercise science - pre-professional track.
Azinger, Huseboe named to Carthage College's Fall 2020 Dean's List
Ripon’s Emma Azinger and Madison Huseboe were among more than 1,000 students who were named to the Carthage College Dean's List for the fall 2020 semester.
Dean's list honors are accorded to Carthage students who achieve a minimum 3.5 grade-point average while carrying at least 14 credit hours during a semester.
Local students make UW-Platteville Dean's List
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville announces its dean's list, honoring those full-time students who earned high honors in the fall 2020 semester.
College of Business, Industry, Life Science and Agriculture and the College of Liberal Arts and Education require grade-point averages of 3.75 and above for dean's list honors, while the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science requires students to reach at least a 3.50.
Local students on the dean's list include:
- Ripon: Wilson Agamaite, electrical engineering; Paul Savoie, mechanical engineering; Lucas Scheier, health and human performance;
- Brandon: Anna Bartz, software engineering; Andrew Hopp, undecided math/science; Matthew Ludtke, soil and crop science; Keegan Bruins, agribusiness major, minor in soil and crop science;
- Markesan: Hannah Brooks, civil engineering; Landon Leedle, civil engineering; Drew Muehlenhaupt, mechanical engineering; Kade Muehlenhaupt, mechanical engineering;
- Rosendale: Caitlyn Tipton, criminal justice.
Elizabeth Jonker Named to Dean's List at Bethel University
Elizabeth Jonker, a senior at Bethel University in St. Paul, has been named to the dean's list for academic excellence for the fall 2020 semester. She is the daughter of Patricia and Thomas Jonker of Brandon.
The dean's list honors students who achieve an outstanding scholastic record during a semester with a grade point average of 3.6 or greater.
Bethel University is a leader in Christ-centered higher education with nearly 4,500 students from 47 states and 22 countries enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and adult undergraduate programs. It offers bachelor's and advanced degrees in more than 100 fields through classroom-based and online programs.
Area students receive honors from UW-Madison
The University of Wisconsin-Madison has recognized students named to the Dean's List for the fall semester of the 2020-2021 academic year.
Students who achieve at a high level academically are recognized by the dean at the close of each semester. To be eligible for the Dean's List, students must complete a minimum of 12 graded degree credits in that semester. Each university school or college sets its own GPA requirements for students to be eligible to receive the distinction. Most call the honor "dean's list,” but some grant the "Dean's Honor List" and "Dean's High Honor List."
Here are the students from the area who have received this honor:
Brandon: Brandt Buchda, College of Engineering, Dean's Honor List
Green Lake: Autumn Lueschen, College of Letters and Science, Dean's List; Austen Wallenfang, School of Education, Dean's List
Markesan: Megan Plagenz, School of Pharmacy, High Honor Roll
Pickett: Kate Hopfensperger, College of Agricultural & Life Science, Dean's List
Ripon: Nicholas Bruesewitz, College of Letters and Science, Dean's List; Ky Collins-Krueger, College of Engineering, Dean's Honor List; Morgan Damm, School of Human Ecology, Dean's Honor List; Madeline Huber, College of Letters and Science, Dean's List; Maris Keenlance, College of Letters and Science, Dean's List; Nicole Magin, College of Letters and Science, Dean's List; Karissa Niederkorn, School of Human Ecology, Dean's Honor List; Maurisa Perez, College of Letters and Science, Dean's List; Reagan Zimmerman, College of Letters and Science, Dean's List.
Hopfensperger makes Iowa State University fall 2020 Dean's List
Pickett’s Karoline Hopfensperger was one of 11,000 Iowa State University students who have been recognized for outstanding academic achievement by being named to the fall semester 2020 Dean's List. Students named to the Dean's List must have earned a grade point average of at least 3.50 on a 4.00 scale while carrying a minimum of 12 credit hours of graded course work.
Hopfensperger, a Ripon High School graduate, is in her second year and is studying psychology.
Ripon’s Nielson makes President’s List at Western Technical College
Victoria Nielson of Ripon was named to Western Technical College's President's List of High Distinction for the Fall 2020 term.
To be included on the President's List, students must achieve a grade point average of 3.5 or higher and carry six or more credits in an associate's degree or technical diploma program.
Ripon’s Fritts, Dalton’s Mast named to Dean’s List at Edgewood College
Emily Fritts of Ripon and Alexis Mast of Dalton were named to the dean's list at Edgewood College for the Fall 2020 semester.
Located in Madison, Edgewood College is a liberal arts Catholic college in the Dominican tradition. It serves approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students and offers more than 40 academic and professional programs, including master's degrees in business, education, and nursing, and doctoral degrees in educational leadership and nursing practice.
Schultz named to NIU fall 2020 Dean's List
Ripon’s Morgan Schultz made Northern Illinois University’s fall 2020 Dean's List students. To earn this distinction, she met a minimum semester grade point average of 3.75 on a 4.0 scale in the colleges of Business, Education, Health and Human Sciences, Liberal Arts and Sciences, and Visual and Performing Arts. The 2020 Ripon High School graduate is pursuing a bachelor of science degree in fashion merchandising.
UW-Green Bay announces fall 2020 semester honors
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay recognized the following area students for making the dean’s list for the 2020 fall semester:
Markesan: Carly Augustynowicz, semester honors; Benjamin Denk, semester high honors
Ripon: Layne Neuenfeldt, semester high honors
Rosendale: Abbi Pflum, semester honors; Kayla Schwebke, semester high honors and Brittany Wiese, semester high honors
Students who earn a 4.0 grade point average, which represents all "A" grades, receive highest honors. High honors go to students earning 3.99 to 3.75 grade point averages. Honors are given to students earning 3.74 to 3.50 grade point averages. All were full-time students in the fall term, earning 12 or more credits of graded coursework. This list includes students attending any of the four UW-Green Bay campuses (Green Bay, Marinette, Manitowoc, Sheboygan).
Area students named to Dean's List at UW-River Falls
The University of Wisconsin-River Falls fall semester Dean's List honoring 1,995 students has been released by Registrar Kelly Browning. To be named to the Dean's List, a full-time undergraduate must earn a grade point average of at least 3.5 on a scale of 4.0, or midway between an "A" and "B" average.
Area students are listed below by hometown, name, and major.
Brandon: Amanda Guenther, animal science; Jesse Guenther, animal science; Bailey Wetzel, animal science, criminology;
Eldorado: Cayley Vande Berg, dairy science;
Markesan: Stacy Graff, animal science;
Pickett: Emily Jackson, vocal/general - K-12;
Ripon: Adler Keenlance, animal science, biomedical and health science; Benjamin Stone, dairy science, animal science;
Rosendale: Jennifer Pflum, instrumental/general K-12.
Storzer, Witthun named to Dean's List for fall semester at UW-Eau Claire
Pickett’s Morgan Storzer and Ripon’s Kora Witthun were among the 2,986 students named to the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire fall 2020 Dean’s List. They both are part of the College of Arts and Sciences.
UW-Stevens Point undergraduates honored for scholastic achievement
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point honored more than 2,600 undergraduate students for attaining high grade point averages during the fall semester of the 2020-2021 academic year.
Full-time undergraduates who earned grade points of 3.90 to 4.0 (4.0 equals straight A) are given the highest honors designation. High honor citations go to those with grade point averages from 3.75 to 3.89 and honor recognition is accorded to those with grade point averages from 3.50 to 3.74.
Personalized certificates of scholastic achievement are being sent to those who earned highest honors distinction.
Students who received honors include:
Brandon: Britney Richter, senior, highest honors;
Eldorado: Kylie Rozenboom, senior, highest honors; Stephanie Ruch, senior, high honors; Sophia Smith, senior, honors;
Green Lake: Kristin Annoye, senior, highest honors; Jack Badtke, junior, honors;
Markesan: Samantha Becker, senior, highest honors; Tate Hillmann, senior, honors; Bryn Moderow, first-year, honors; Sarah Wendt, first-year, high honors;
Ripon: Ryan Emmrich, senior, honors; Brendan Gallert, senior, honors; Kylie Jacobson, junior, highest honors; Amber Reimer, senior, highest honors; Andrew Saul, senior, highest honors; Madison Snyder, senior, highest honors; Kimberly Turner, first-year, honors.
Pollesch earns Dean’s List recognition from Greenville University
Senior Mia Pollesch of Ripon was placed on the Dean's List at Greenville University for the fall 2020 semester. Greenville University is a four-year accredited Christian liberal arts school with more than 1,400 undergraduate and graduate students. Founded in 1892 and affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, the college is located in Greenville, Ill., 45 miles east of St. Louis.
Rasch, Sisko graduate from UW-Milwaukee
Ripon’s Cassandra Rasch and Caron Sisko were among the 2,050 prospective candidates for degrees attending the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee’s virtual commencement exercises Sunday, Dec. 20 Milwaukee. Rasch graduated from the College of Health Sciences with a master of science degree, while Sisko earned a master of library and information science degree.
UW-Milwaukee is the second largest university in Wisconsin, with more than 23,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
Area students named to Dean’s list at St. Norbert College
The following area students have been named to the 2020 fall semester dean's list at St. Norbert College. A minimum 3.5 grade point average is required for academic eligibility.
Markesan: Gabrielle Kohn,
Ripon: Tate Barber, Ava Moldenhauer and Alaina Salas.
Gimenez named to College of Charleston President't List
Carley Gimenez of Ripon was named to the College of Charleston Fall 2020 President's List. Gimenez is majoring in Psychology. To qualify for the President's List (highly xistinguished), Gimenez had to earn a GPA of 3.800 or higher and complete a minimum of 14 semester hours.
UW-Whitewater announces Dean's List
The following area students were named to the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Dean's List for the 2020 fall semester:
- Ripon: Libby Block-Krause, Jake Elliott and Parker Louden;
- Brandon: Erin Huizenga;
- Markesan: Nikki Walker.
These students have demonstrated their academic abilities by receiving a grade point average of 3.4 or above in a single semester.
Ripon's Hoch, Brandon's Postotnik make University of Sioux Falls' Fall 2020 Dean's list
Ripon’s Jacob Hoch and Brandon’s Michelle Dickmeyer Postotnik were among more than 600 students who made the fall 2020 Dean’s List at The University of Sioux Falls. Hoch is majoring in business administration, while Dickmeyer Postotnik is majoring in elementary education and special education.