College students from the Ripon area received their college degrees and/or were honored for academic excellence.
Check out who made the list. Congratulations to those on it.
Area students named to Fall 2020 Dean’s List at Ripon College
Ripon College announced its Dean's List for the fall 2020 semester, recognizing academic excellence. To qualify for the Dean's List at Ripon College, students must achieve a 3.40 grade point average or higher on a 4.0 scale and complete at least 12 credits of regular letter-graded work.
- Ripon: Lili Alderson, majoring in history and communication with a minor in museum studies; Alexander Coleman, majoring in chemistry with a minor in educational studies; Hayley Corkran, majoring in studio art with a minor in psychology; Rhett Cunningham, majoring in politics and government with minors in national security studies and military leadership; Andrew Dowling, majoring in history with a minor in educational studies; Gemma Krause, majoring in elementary education; Kai Liptow, majoring in Spanish; Grace Luebke, undeclared; Hanan Majid, majoring in psychology with a minor in criminal justice; Emily Rigden, majoring in exercise science-athletic training with a minor in studio art; Alexis Riggs, majoring in anthropology with a minor in sociology; Jonah Roeper, undeclared; Kelly Sarff, majoring in business management and economics; Elizabeth Stanfield, undeclared; Dakota Stark, majoring in elementary education with a minor in psychology; Preston Wurtz, majoring in psychology and politics and government; Grant Zuhlke, undeclared;
- Dalton: Madelyn Kohn, majoring in exercise science-sports management and communication; Kara Vande Brink, undeclared;
- Berlin: Luke Dretske, majoring in politics and government and finance with a minor in law & society; Steven Klika, majoring in educational studies;
- Rosendale: Cormac Madigan, majoring in chemistry-biology;
- Princeton: Sophie Bartol, majoring in elementary education and psychology; Ethan Mans, undeclared; and Taylor Wegner, majoring in chemistry-biology.
Area students make Marquette University Dean’s List
Ripon’s Sophie Aither and Dawson Albright and Pickett’s Maggie Berenz have been named to the Dean’s List for the fall 2020 semester at Marquette University in Milwaukee.
To make the Dean’s List, students must have earned at least 12 credits for the fall 2020 semester and have no disqualifying grades. The GPA threshold varies by college and ranges from a 3.5 to 3.75 minimum.
Aither is pursuing a bachelor of arts degree in advertising; Albright is working toward a bachelor of arts degree in political science; and Berenz is going for a bachelor of science degree in nursing.
Turner, Weisgerber named to UW-Milwaukee Dean’s List
Ripon’s Alex Turner and Rosendale’s Carson Weisgerber were named to the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Dean’s List for the fall 2020 semester.
Turner is an engineering & computer science undergraduate, while Weisgerber is a health sciences undergraduate.
UW-Milwaukee is the second largest university in the state, with more than 23,000 associate, undergraduate and graduate students.
Area students graduate from University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point
The University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point conferred degrees to nearly 500 graduates for the fall 2020 semester.
The graduate list included the following local students:
- Eldorado: Kylie Rozenboom, bachelor of science, social work, sociology, cum laude; Stephanie Ruch, bachelor of science, health and wellness management, cum laude;
- Green Lake: Kristin Annoye, bachelor of arts, communication - public relations;
- Ripon: Jacob Maczuzak, bachelor of arts, music.
Schroeder named to Dean’s List
Pickett’s Ruth Schroeder was named to the fall 2020 trimester dean's list at Palmer College of Chiropractic's main campus in Davenport, Iowa.
Palmer College of Chiropractic, the first and largest college in the chiropractic profession, has campuses in Davenport; San Jose, Calif.; and Port Orange, Fla.