Firefighters responded Monday night to a marsh fire in the town of Nepeuskun.

According to Ripon Area Fire District chief David Bathke, a lantern from a hunter tracking a deer set a fire off Island and Sportsman roads.

“We were there about an hour, hour and a half,” Bathke said.

In unrelated news that evening, firefighters also responded to a report of a carbon monoxide detector going off at a home off Hamburg Street. Evidently, the detector was malfunctioning, and no problem actually existed.

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Thank you for taking part in our commenting section. We want this platform to be a safe and inclusive community where you can freely share ideas and opinions. Comments that are racist, hateful, sexist or attack others won’t be allowed. Just keep it clean. Do these things or you could be banned:

• Don’t name-call and attack other commenters. If you’d be in hot water for saying it in public, then don’t say it here.

• Don’t spam us.

• Don’t attack our journalists.

Let’s make this a platform that is educational, enjoyable and insightful.

Email questions to darkin@orourkemediagroup.com.