Apartment Fire - 13.jpeg

A fire at Willowbrook Apartments, 615 West Oshkosh St., injured one person last week Saturday, according to Ripon Fire Chief Tim Saul.

A fire at Willowbrook Apartments, 615 West Oshkosh St., injured one person last week Saturday, according to Ripon Fire Chief Tim Saul.

He said the fire began when someone on oxygen lit a cigarette.

The individual was burned and suffered smoke inhalation, Saul noted.

A home healthcare worker put the fire out before it could spread throughout the building, which Saul said prevented the fire from being a lot worse.

“If you are anywhere around oxygen [tanks], you shouldn’t be smoking,” he added. “Oxygen is super flamable.”

Written By

Joe Schulz served as the reporter of the Green Laker in 2019 and 2020, before being hired as a reporter for the Commonwealth in October 2020. He is from Oshkosh and graduated from UW-Oshkosh in December with a bachelor's degree in journalism.

|

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Thank you for taking part in our commenting section. We want this platform to be a safe and inclusive community where you can freely share ideas and opinions. Comments that are racist, hateful, sexist or attack others won’t be allowed. Just keep it clean. Do these things or you could be banned:

• Don’t name-call and attack other commenters. If you’d be in hot water for saying it in public, then don’t say it here.

• Don’t spam us.

• Don’t attack our journalists.

Let’s make this a platform that is educational, enjoyable and insightful.

Email questions to darkin@orourkemediagroup.com.

Share your opinion

Avatar

Join the conversation

Recommended for you