As I arrived at Kettle Moraine Lutheran High School last week Thursday for the Ripon boys’ basketball regional game, I thought I had everything in place.
I found the school with a little time to spare, and all I had to do was locate the best spot to take photos and establish myself on the baseline.
It was high school basketball at its finest, with No. 3 seed Ripon taking on the No. 2 seed Kettle Moraine Lutheran.
But, as I stepped out of my car something happened — the door on the camera where the battery is located swung open.
Oh man, I left the battery in the charger ... IN RIPON.
My paranoid, last-minute battery-charging attempt had bitten me this time.
Making it worse was the fact I was positive the battery would have been fine without any charging at all. Is it possible to try too hard to be prepared? It seemed so this time.
To read the entire article, see the March 11 edition of the Ripon Commonwealth Press.