- The Green Lake School Board meets Wednesday at 5 p.m. via Zoom.
The School Board will consider approval of a Science Club camping trip, a Webster's Grant for the Science Club, a teacher resignation as well as Early College Credit and Start College Now Applications.
- The School Board also will set a time and date for Board of Canvass for Spring School Board Election and consider approval of the Clay Street House Demolition Bid.
Cause of the Mondays - Journey Charter School
- Vines & Rushes Winery is hosting Cause of the Mondays Monday from 4 to 8 p.m. and donating 25% of food sales and all cash donations received to Journey Charter School.
Journey Charter School is a Ripon Area School District charter school which offers project-based learning to students in grades K-2. Students explore real world problems while incorporating math and reading skills with both grade level and multi-aged peers. Journey Charter School uses a hands-on approach to learning which helps students develop the life-long skills of communication, collaboration, creativity, and critical thinking.
- As part of this hand-on approach students connect with the community by visiting residents’ homes, inviting community experts into our school, and participating in a variety of off-site learning opportunities. Proceeds will be used to fund these student learning opportunities and educational experiences.
“Please join us for a night of delicious pizza at the winery to support a great cause and community,” the winery said on its website. “Dine in, curbside and carryout available.”
Virtual Album release show Thursday
- The Thrasher Opera House is partnering with A.J. Croce to provide an Album Release Show featuring the studio band Thursday.
The show celebrates the release of the new A.J. Croce studio album “By Request,” available on CD and LP for pre-order. The album was born of memories—of favorite artists and shows, but mostly, of late-night gatherings with groups of friends, many of them fellow musicians, with Croce at the piano taking requests.
- Thrasher Opera House is pleased to partner with A.J. Croce to bring you access to a special livestream series on March 18th and March 25th at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 and on sale now by clicking here.
Corned Beef and Cabbage Wednesday
- Lake View Inn in Markesan will serve corned beef and cabbage Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. The meal will include corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes, carrots, onions, rye bread and a cup of soup.
Reservations and carry outs are welcome. For more information call 920-398-3030.
Ripon College Webinar Wednesday explores war reporting
- “Covering the Military: A Conversation on the Challenges of Military Journalism” will be presented via Zoom webinar on Wednesday, March 17 at 6:30 p.m.
The event is sponsored by Ripon College’s Center for Politics and the People and the center’s Student Advisory Board.
- The webinar is free, but registration is requested at ripon.edu/military.
The deadly siege of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 raised new questions about the U.S. military’s role in the nation’s government and politics: What can and should troops do in situations of unrest and how are they called up?
- Three members of the staff of Military Times will participate.
DJ Trivia Thursday
- Knuth Brewing Co. will host DJ Trivia Thursday from 6:30 to 8 p.m. It is a free event that will award participants for their knowledge.
First through third place winners will be awarded gift cards. Knuth Brewing Co. describes the event as “always free, always fun.”
- “Come join the fun with friends,” the brewery’s website said of the event.